Sunday, August 23, 2015

First P-Day!! - August 21, 2015 - Missionary Training Center

Elder O'Brien (the younger) just prior
to entering the Missionary Training Center

Hello Family!

Good to see that you were not killed by any hotel ax murderers or forest fires on your way home. I'm gonna be honest, it's weird to be writing you. Even weirder is the fact that I have not cried yet at the MTC... it's a miracle. I came close a couple times; when I was leaving, of course, and also during a couple classes.

The classes and meetings have been pretty awesome. My teachers are Brother Plyler and Sister Lewis and my Branch President is Brother Brown. We met with him yesterday and he gave a couple callings after interviewing us. I was called as music coordinator so I have to figure out what hymns I am going to play. Luckily I don't have to do it this Sunday

So, a little about my district: My companion is Elder Brinkerhoff who I just happened to see on the "missionariescomingsoon" Instagram account. There are eight other elders in my district other than my companion and I. Two companionships are going to the California Redlands Mission (Elders Austin, Rogers, Reeder and Eberhard), one to Canada Winnipeg (Elders Reil and Neilson), and one other going to Texas Fort Worth (Elders Newey and Andreason.) Elder Austin is a football player who is rather large in stature and was called as District Leader. I think he'll be good.

 I have only met one other Texas Fort Worth missionary. He is speaking sign language and is one of the Zone Leaders. Which reminds me, about half my branch is ASL speaking. Pretty cool stuff. As far as people I know who I've seen, there were a couple people from EFY and also Sister Dow who I saw in the cafeteria yesterday. I can't bring myself to call her by her first name...

Anyway, I don't have much else to say right now other than study the doctrine of Christ sometime. That's basically all we did yesterday and it was awesome. We also practiced inviting random missionaries walking around to be baptized... yeah. 

I love you all and hope you're doing well! I'll send some pictures when I can figure out how to.

Love,
Elder O'Brien (the younger)

No comments:

Post a Comment