Friday, September 18, 2015

September 14, 2015 - Week 2 in Joshua, Texas

Apartment

Good morning all!

First of all, I forgot to give you my street address last week. It's:

924 Conveyor Drive
Joshua,TX
76058

Now to my week. It's been cooling down a little bit the last few days, which is good and bad. Now I have to adjust to the cooler weather again. Joshua is still a little quirky. The more I hear, the weirder
it seems. I found out recently that the apartment I live in was once an incubation room for ostriches. Strangely, it makes sense.

I had a funny experience just outside my apartment on Friday. We live on a member's small ranch so they have a guy working for them. He was the one who said "Howdy Elders!" last week. So, we're thinking this guy sprayed the pear trees we park in front of with pesticide, because our car was covered in a weird white substance and surrounded by dead or dying beetles. This is where it gets interesting. All these beetles were going crazy trying to fly away before they died and one flew right next to Elder Simmons' ear. He let out a scream and freaked me out. Promptly after his scream, the beetle came for me and I tried to run from it. I got away, but lost my balance and fell directly into a pile of rocks. It hurt. I got back up to find my name tag, hand book and pens strewn about. I'm okay though, no worries.

As far as investigators go, one is getting baptized this week and one has a date set. The one getting baptized has been in Houston, so we had to teach him over the phone. It was kinda weird. The one with a date set, also has a common-law wife investigating the church. Both want to join the church, but he's closer. There's some interesting things going on there since she doesn't want to get married
officially. We're also teaching a less active's adult daughter who is living with him. She has a testimony, but does not know when she'll be ready for baptism. She is either getting married next month or next year. Apparently it needs to be on her fiancé's birthday so he won't forget. We're really pulling for next month... Our other investigators either ran away or are pretty close, so I haven't even met them.

That's my week! Here's hoping yours is just as good if not better! Honestly though, I'm enjoying it.

Love y'all,
Elder O'Brien (the younger)

No comments:

Post a Comment