Tuesday, June 20, 2017

June 12, 2017



Dear family,

It wasn't much of eventful week here overall. We did have a zone conference on Wednesday which was nice. We talked a lot about changing things up a bit if what we're doing isn't working as well as it could. It's always an adventure trying to do that but we have been trying some new things like working with the young men more.

For lunch, the Relief Society fed us these awesome Navajo tacos. Unfortunately, the meat was under cooked or something because our entire zone at least was sick the next day. I'm sure it was the same for the other Zone as well as President and Sister Whitney. It was a funny experience.

Things are starting to slowly improve again in the area. We finally got Jeje to church again this week which was wonderful! She seems to be closer than ever to baptism. We weren't able to meet with her this week but apparently she almost called us on Wednesday to set something up. While she was thinking about this, she pocket dialed us and we texted her asking if she called. She told us no but must've felt guilty because she was telling us about this yesterday. She did see it as a sign from the Lord though so that's good! Jorge unfortunately wasn't able to come to church and couldn't even meet with us this week. Hopefully things improve there.

Well, the only other news I have is that I went golfing this morning on a 9 hole course nearby. Elder Brinkerhoff and another Elder in the zone are really into it so they set it up with a member for free. It was a first for me of course so I was pretty terrible. Not the worst though! I had a good time still.

In my studies this week I stumbled across John 17:19 "And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth." I was struck by the love this shows, especially the first statement. I noticed that it says 'sakes' referring to us as multiple individuals and not as a collective group. His Atonement truly is personal. Hopefully that makes sense. I'm in a little bit of a hurry because I am 100% out of time. Ironically, I don't have time to write everyone individually... I still love all of you and it was great to hear about your weeks!

That's just about it for my life this week! Have a good one!

Love,
Elder O'Brien

No comments:

Post a Comment