Monday, June 26, 2017

June 19, 2017

Dear family,

This week was not as productive as we had hoped in a lot of ways but we did get some good work done nonetheless. We finally were able to meet with Jeje again this week even though she didn't come to church. She still has been making a lot of progress. She is so close to baptism right now but keeps getting in her own way! I'm pretty sure she just needs to decide one day and she'll be ready. That's improvement still for sure.

We also did some service for a member referral this week helping in her yard. She asked us specifically about our beliefs so we taught a bit in a conversational sort of way and shared the Book of Mormon with her. She then said, "my friend said I was supposed to meet with some people soon, is that y'all?" Of course we said yes so she told us she'll call us soon when her yard is under control. She sounded sincere too. It was a miracle for sure.

Yesterday was a pretty awesome awesome day at church. We had three recent converts receive the Melchizedek Priesthood yesterday so it was cool to see that. I'm getting to the point where I know most of the members in the ward so church is fun.

My favorite scripture from this week was Philippians 2:8 "And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross." I just really liked the phrasing of "being obedient unto death." Nothing special I discovered other than that. It's this kind of obedience that I know I strive for as a missionary and that we all strive for in life. Jesus Christ certainly personified this throughout His whole life. That's one of the major themes I'm finding in my study; He is obedient, even unto death out of love for us and of course His Father.

I hope y'all enjoy the beginning of summer this week. In my mind there seems to be something significant happening this summer but I can't quite put my finger on it... oh well, take care!

Love,
Elder O'Brien

No comments:

Post a Comment