Friday, March 11, 2016

February 29, 2016 - Saginaw, Texas

Dear Family,

I don't really have a whole lot to say for this week. I'm slowly getting more used to Saginaw. Yesterday Elder Wade got sick and slept all afternoon and evening so I took over answering phone calls and such. Let me tell you, there were a lot of them! Elder Wade is also the district leader so I had to call the whole district for numbers too. I was freaking out a little but came out alive in the end. Elder Wade could barely sit up so I figured it was least I could do.

I'm really starting to see that Satan does not want any of our investigators getting baptized. All four of our progressing investigators decided not to come to church for various reasons. Mainly it was because none of their fellowshippers were able to come. It's super frustrating but I know they'll get baptized even if we have to move a couple dates. We're definitely going to be emphasizing the sacrament this week.

On Thursday I was in River Trails on exchange with Elder Griffin. It was super weird because I read his blog before I came out. I felt creepy knowing about his mission and stuff when this was the first time he met me. The ward is really weird too because it covers the sketchiest part of Fort Worth. Luckily I didn't see anything too weird and/or illegal.

Oh, and according to a guy at the seniors' home, my health care career is ruined because I let hallway bowling happen.

Well, have a good week and stay away from hallway sports.

Love,
Elder O'Brien (the younger)

No comments:

Post a Comment