Wednesday, May 25, 2016

May 9, 2016

Hello family!

Well, it was awesome talking to everyone yesterday but I don't have much to say since then. We did a have a good lesson with Big Momma that I didn't mention though. We taught her about baptism and started out by sharing a quote from Elder Anderson's last conference talk "Always Retain a Remission of Your Sins." It prompted a good discussion and we were able to understand her concerns a little better. I feel like if we keep working with her she can be baptized by the end of the year. We definitely made some progress with her.

I also briefly mentioned the family history training yesterday. The purpose of it was to help us know how to better contact with a Family History approach. It's something I'll definitely consider using, especially if they're older and less open to the message of the restoration. Most of the younger people around our age are honestly more interested in the Book of Mormon though. We just have to follow the spirit I guess.
 
The spirit is definitely trying to teach me to have more hope. Just like Peter I need to stop focusing so much on the waves and my own inadequacies and trust that the Lord will keep his promises. I feel like I'm improving though. Last night as I was praying, instead of thanking Heavenly Father for the covenants I'VE made like usual, I thanked him for the covenants WE'VE made with each other. I didn't even really realize what I'd said until after I'd said it but it taught me to remember that it's not just my covenant. From now on I'm going to remember the promises God has made to me more.

Love,
Elder O'Brien (the younger)

No comments:

Post a Comment