Friday, July 15, 2016

July 11, 2016

Dear Family,

It's been yet another hot week. I am in Texas though, so I guess that's to be expected. We've mostly been doing some tracting and street contacting lately so I've been spending a lot of time outside which gets a little rough. Right now we're just trying to figure out where to find people between the hours of 10:00am and 5:00pm. It's mostly been trial and error as far as that goes but I'm trying to keep a positive attitude.

It's been really weird lately having a companion and a brother who are going home so soon. On top of that, I'm almost at my year mark so I've been looking back a lot on the last year. I'm not really getting trunky or anything, it's just weird and hard to believe it's been so long. I thought I'd know what I was doing by now but nope. Someday! Probably in the afterlife, but someday!

Even though most of the week was spent in the hot sun, it ended really well with another couple lesson with Amy. I am still convinced that she has been completely prepared for baptism through her experiences. Things are just falling into place and it's crazy. Every member she meets has some experience very similar to her own that just solidifies her desire to come to church. She was actually able to this week by the way! As we taught the apostasy the weather even went nasty as if to enhance the effect. It was awesome! Unfortunately the member couple that was with us had to leave quite abruptly due to the storm so we didn't get a chance to invite her to baptism. From yesterday it sounds
like she's planning on having us teach her two sons though, so we could easily have three baptisms by the end of summer.

We still haven't taught or seen Willie or Bob since I talked about them last so that's a little frustrating. Hopefully stuff gets rolling this week. I'll let ya'll know, but for now have a fantastic week!

Love,
Elder O'Brien (the younger)

No comments:

Post a Comment