Tuesday, July 26, 2016

July 25, 2016

Hello Family!

We actually had a relatively good week. Things are finally picking up it the area. I almost forgot what it felt like to have a teaching pool but it's finally happened. Woohoo! We met a couple people this week that are at least semi-interested and are willing to meet with us consistently. That does not include the referral whose door I knocked on from last week unfortunately. That one said she has no interest and that her friend who referred her is a "bit of an extremist." Oh well! Immediately after that we contacted a former investigator named Martha who was dropped because she was apparently difficult to contact. We contacted her first try though so long story short, she's an investigator now.

Things went super well with Amy again this week. It's going almost too well so we're kinda holding our breath right now. Anyway, we invited her to a stake fireside last night. President Whitney and a couple other converts spoke at it and Amy seemed to really enjoy it. I did too, so I knew she would. Afterwards, she texted us and said basically, "I just wanted to thank you for inviting me to that meeting tonight. You're changing my life with your time and service. Thank you." That's definitely what I needed so I was grateful for that.

Well, we have some great plans and high goals for this week so I'm excited to see what can be accomplished. Wish me luck!

Love,
Elder O'Brien (the younger)

No comments:

Post a Comment