Tuesday, July 5, 2016

June 27, 2016

Dear Family,

Well, it's transfers this week and for the first time I was actually surprised. I'm staying here luckily, but Elder Reich is leaving! We were sure we'd stay together! This is my third one 'n done with a companion in a row and my seventh with a district leader. That's not changing next transfer either because my new companion, Elder Parkinson, is going home at the end of the transfer. Also, apparently in the next couple transfers we're getting about 40 new missionaries total which means that a quarter of the mission will be training. It could be me... Again... I guess we'll see!

As far as the work goes, this week most of our plans fell through again, but we made the most of it. W and B have had a lot of trouble making time to meet with us lately so we haven't taught either of them in a couple of weeks. Hopefully Elder Reich leaving will inspire them to make a little more of an effort tomorrow. As soon as we get in there we're setting some baptism dates! Hopefully.

The most interesting thing that happened this week was when we got bashed. It was the first time I've been told the church is a cult by people who aren't  drunk. I really don't have much to say about it though, just that the Book of Mormon is true! Every time someone tries to convince me it isn't it just confirms it to me more. Muahahahaha!

Whelp, wish me luck this week with my new companion AND mission president. Have a wonderful week full of happiness and unicorns! Which reminds me, there's this street nearby named Unicorn Lake. Fun fact.

Love,
Elder O'Brien (the younger)

No comments:

Post a Comment