Sunday, January 8, 2017

December 26, 2016

Dear Family,

Hope the last 24 hours have treated you well. It was awesome talking with ya'll and I'm glad you got to sort of see the Castlemains (the members who had us over) and my companion and the three Christmas trees. The rest of the night was pretty uneventful.

I did remember one thing that I didn't tell you about yesterday. We went caroling together as a district on Thursday. All of us bike Elders were trying to get a ride set up for the night but they all fell through so we ended up having to bike from place to place while the sisters drove around and waited for us at every house. Needless to say, biking and singing should not occur in sequence. One returning less-active kind of just peeked out with the door barely open but, you know, we just sang like normal. Then, at the end Elder Rarotoga went to shake his hand and the guy stuck out his left hand and said, "Sorry, there's a gun my other hand."

That's about the only thing of significance that we didn't talk about yesterday. It was a wonderful week though. The members treat us very well here which kind of gets me through the slow times. Though the amount of chocolate I received this week makes me sick to think about. The struggle... All the clothes I got for Christmas fit perfect right now but I can't promise they will in a week or two. Anyway, my love hasn't changes since yesterday! Take care!

Love,
Elder O'Brien (the younger)

P.S. We are currently having a Zone Christmas party, here's a pic. Also, one from caroling.

        Zone Christmas Party                                    Caroling

        Christmas Eve with                            Christmas Tree
           Bishop's Family

No comments:

Post a Comment