Monday, May 8, 2017

April 24, 2017


Dearest family,

I can hardly even remember what happened this week other than the last three days but I'll do my best! Luckily we didn't have any dog poop or leaky roof incidences, just the regular sort of random things. We were finally able to get in contact with a couple of referrals that we've been trying to for a while. One of them is named Jorge and was a referral from California. He had met with missionaries there a couple years ago and even had a baptismal date! A few days before his baptism, he drank a coke or something and thought he broke the word of wisdom. That led him to get super depressed so he smoked a cigarette... Oops. He seems to being willing to give it a try again so hopefully that goes well. We're meeting with him again tonight.

Sister Johannsen's baptism of course was the most eventful Part of the week ...

Somehow I hit the send button prematurely with my elbow...

Sister Johannsen's baptism of course was the most eventful part of the week. It was a little stressful putting it all together but it turned out quite well considering. There was also a funeral that day for the last bishop of the ward who passed away after battling cancer for six years so the baptism was a good pick-me-up for everyone. It was one of those events that everyone was hoping for for a while. Definitely a good day.

That's about all I've got this week. Sorry for the short email! I still love ya'll and hope your weeks are glorious!

Love,
Elder O'Brien (the younger)

No comments:

Post a Comment