Wednesday, October 19, 2016

October 10, 2016

Dear Family,

I hope you're enjoying your thanksgiving. I'll be enjoying mine in about a month and a half in who knows where. For now I guess I'll just enjoy my P-Day.

This week seemed to break the every second week thing I mentioned. It was actually pretty busy. We almost set another baptism date but the appointment we were planning to do it in was cancelled last minute. This one will be an overage child of a less-active member who has recently started coming back. We shouldn't  have any issues setting the date once we sit down and teach them. Unfortunately, it'll be for after transfers so I probably won't be here. Unless something crazy happens, usually the trainer leaves the area after the twelve weeks.

We had a pretty interesting contact this week. We were walking back to our car after knocking on some doors and a lady's dog got loose from its leash and ran towards us. Elder Cockrell caught it before it ran into the road and that gave us an opportunity to talk to the lady. She had the mentality that she didn't need church to know God but after we taught her a bit we asked if she would join Christ's church if it was back on the Earth and of course she said yes. I love it when people think logically about these things. While we were teaching her, a young man was being driven home from school and yelled out from the car, "Read the book, it'll change your life!" It was neat.

I'm definitely thinking of you as I walk around in the warm weather. Though, this week I was in a sweater for a couple mornings when I was in the 60s.

I enjoyed President Uchtorf's talk as well. Too often we forget how profound it is that we know God's plan and that we are His children. Our goal as missionaries is to teach the Plan of Salvation exactly like he did during his talk.

Thanks in advance for the birthday stuff. I'm sure it'll be a good day. We'll be having dinner with Amy and her boys so I'm pretty excited about that.

Have an awesome week and stay away from clowns! I've heard some things. I'm just glad Texans are all usually carrying and would take care of it pretty quick if anything "funny" happened.

Love,
Elder O'Brien (the younger)

No comments:

Post a Comment