Monday, October 10, 2016

October 3, 2016

Dear family,

Sounds like everybody enjoyed conference weekend. It's hard not to really. You can count on President Uchtdorf of course to start it off like none other. His Saturday morning talk is probably one of my favorites. That and Elder Natress' during the Sunday afternoon session. There were definitely a lot of talks about how to be happy. I've been trying to figure that out for a while now so I was grateful for those talks. Now I just have wait for them to show up in the Gospel Library so I can read them again.

We had another one of those busy weeks again. They seem to come every second week. This time we somehow managed to set three baptismal dates. The first one was with a guy named Greg. We found him when an appointment fell through a couple weeks ago and we went to help some people across the apartment complex that were moving in. Greg was also helping them and was like, "hey, I met with missionaries a few months ago but lost contact with them." He remembered a lot of what he was taught and had already set two dates before. Anyway, we taught him a couple times and set a date for November 26th. I think we have our work cut out for us with him but hopefully we can get him ready in time.

The other two dates were Amy's sons. We set a date with them for October 29th, the Saturday before I'll most likely be leaving Denton. I'm pretty confident they'll be ready. They don't really show much excitement or anything but Amy assured us that they're more into it than they show. Pretty exciting stuff! It still amazes me how much has been happening here in Denton the last couple months compared to when I first got here. All I've had to do is try and stuff has just been falling into our laps. The Lord must be on our side or something.

Enjoy your post-conference week!

Love,
Elder O'Brien (the younger)

No comments:

Post a Comment