Saturday, October 29, 2016

October 24, 2016

Dear Family,

This week was kind of a blur. Well, the last three weeks really. Whenever people ask us what day we taught someone or anything like that, we're just like, "well, could've been Saturday or Friday, maybe Wednesday, who knows really!" It was a good week though, we kept busy.

No crazy experiences this week except that we got another nail in a tire. They noticed it when we went to get our oil changed so it wasn't that flat yet. Still though. I'm literally losing track of how many punctured tires I've gotten. It's either four or five. The good news from this week is that Amy's sons are all set for baptism this Saturday. I suspect I'll be getting transferred next week so it'll be a good way to end my stint in Denton. The overage child is also progressing pretty well. Our other investigator we're a little worried about. You'd have to meet him to understand. Elder Cockrell has described him both as "a 15 year-old in a 30 year-old body" and "kinda like a squirrel" if that gives you an idea.

I found something interesting in my studies about opposition this week too. It comes from 2 Nephi 2:11 - "11 For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things. If not so, my firstborn in the wilderness, righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness nor misery, neither good nor bad. Wherefore, all things must needs be a compound in one; wherefore, if it should be one body it must needs remain as dead, having no life neither death, nor corruption nor incorruption, happiness nor misery, neither sense nor insensibility."

The phrase I was focusing on was "all things must be a compound in one." To me it's saying that without opposition everything would just be one big, emotionless compound without any progression or change. The earth would have no purpose and would "remain as dead, having no life neither death, nor corruption nor incorruption, happiness nor misery, neither sense nor insensibility," full nor flat tires. It kind of gives you perspective on what life was like before the fall of Adam and Eve. Anyway, that was just something I'd missed in that verse until this last week.

That's all I've got this week. As I said it was a bit of a blur. Well, take care!

Love,
Elder O'Brien (the younger)

No comments:

Post a Comment