Monday, November 7, 2016

October 31, 2016

Dear Family,

I never know how to start these emails. I feel like it's always the same. But anyway, Amy's sons got baptized this week. That was awesome. I think it was a good experience for them, they acted a little differently than usual afterward. Lately they've been super hyper and crazy but suddenly they were all calm and stuff. It was a sweet experience to have for my final week in Denton. It's official. I'm going to be serving in the Heritage and Timbercreek wards. And it's a bike area... yay... At least I made it 14 months without having to bike. You can rest assured that I won't be getting anymore traffic tickets though! That's a plus.

Elder Cockrell is getting transferred too which is crazy. They're bringing sisters in. Remember back a few weeks ago when I talked about that streak of having sisters take over my old areas. Yeah, it's real. The Denton zone will officially be 60% sisters and the only Elders are the district and Zone Leaders. Weird stuff. Amy's poor boys just got dunked and dumped. Hopefully they get used to the sisters quickly enough.

It was a good run in Denton so it'll be hard to leave. We saw one of our relief society presidents at Wal-Mart this morning and her response to us leaving was, "That's crap." She said we're the best Elders they've had in a while. Way to make it easier on us... Feels good to leave on such good terms though. We'll at least we get to say good by to everyone in 5th ward at the trunk or treat tonight.

I'm excited honestly. Heritage should be fun. Keep on keepin on and have a wonderful week!

Love,
Elder O'Brien (the younger)

No comments:

Post a Comment