Saturday, April 9, 2016

March 28, 2016 - Saginaw, Texas

Dear Family,

Well, for your weekly weather update, we almost had a tornado again. It's funny because back home if there's a tornado an hour away everyone is saying, "Wow! It was so close, we could've died!" Down here they're saying, "It's pretty far away, we should be good." Some people were freaking out still, so I guess it's 50/50. You'll be glad to know we get better and better at dealing with tornado sirens every week. This time we felt it was serious enough to warrant a trip to the church building for shelter before it got too bad. Nothing happened in this area though! No worries!

Other than that our week wasn't all that interesting. We had 3 investigators at church though! Texans tend to feel guilty if they don't come on Easter so that worked in our favor. Sara's mom was one of those there and she said she enjoyed it and wants to come back. That was good to hear. I'm scared to say this because I'll probably leave for it, but I really want to stay in Saginaw next transfer to see this all through! 

The rest of Easter was pretty awesome too. It was super spiritual and I certainly appreciated the package as well. The whole district got more candy than we can handle so we're essentially living the law of consecration as far as that goes. I may go into a candy coma later this week but I'll let you know. 

Sounds like Easter was fun back in little ol' Stirling. I'm excited for Katie and Mathew so congrats to them. While ya'll were doing that I was on exchange with Elder Walkling riding a bike every which way in Park Glen 1st and 2nd. He planned a "not so bad" day of biking that turned into an "oops, I think we literally biked a marathon" day of biking. Stairs have been rough since then. I hope your thoughts are with me...

Well, I have to go, but I hope you have an awesome week! Wish me luck with transfers!

Love,
Elder O'Brien (the younger)

No comments:

Post a Comment