Friday, April 1, 2016

March 21, 2016 - Saginaw, Texas

Dear Family,

It wasn't quite as stormy this week but there were still some storms. The tornado sirens went off again on Thursday which was confusing because it was completely calm outside. Turns out there was a tornado around South Fort Worth--my old zone. The Spanish Sisters there apparently had something fling off their roof onto their car. But yeah, we didn't have any more than a light sprinkling here.

Thursday was really the only other interesting day this week. We had a lesson scheduled with Sara who we started teaching my first week and is a referral from a laurel in the ward. Usually the laurel's father comes as the priesthood holder but he wasn't able to make it so we were trying all day to get another man to come along. We texted 7 or 8 people, all of which said no or just didn't answer. We told the laurel's family we would have to cancel because of this and as soon as we said that they texted a priest we hadn't gotten a response from and got an answer! Thank you members!

We had planned on setting a baptismal date that lesson so we could see how Satan was trying to stop it. As we got ready for the lesson I really felt like I would have to be the one to set the date. The lesson went well and I did end up setting the date. She agreed to be baptized on April 30. It was cool because Elder Wade said he almost did it a few times but he just couldn't. The Lord decided to give me the experience I guess. It was my first time setting a baptismal date so I was pretty excited! The next day Sara and her friend went to the Hurst Stake Youth Conference and we found out later that President Ames was there to speak to all the youth. Afterwards, he apparently talked with Sara specifically. I have no idea what they talked about, but I thought that was awesome.

There's some awesome stuff going on in Saginaw right now and none of it has anything to do with Elder Wade or I!

Hope ya'll have a wonderful week and enjoy the spring!

Love,
Elder O'Brien (the younger)

No comments:

Post a Comment