Saturday, April 30, 2016

April 25, 2016

Hello family!

It was a pretty typical week here in Saginaw. Unfortunately the only news I really have is pretty sad. We went by our committed investigators without their fellowshippers on Tuesday to show them that we actually care about them and that we aren't just random teenagers that teach them. It seemed to go alright and we set up an appointment for Thursday right there so we thought everything was back on track for Sara's April 30th baptism. Unfortunately on Thursday she told her fellowshippers that she doesn't feel like she can keep all the commitments we leave and that she wants us to back off a little. So, we weren't able to meet that night and her baptism date is now dropped.

It was really disappointing for me but I sensed something was wrong a week ago, it just surfaced on Thursday. Honestly right now I'm just doing my best to keep my spirits up after having all our dates from last transfer dropped within 2.5 weeks. I know it's not my fault but it's still hard for me. Right now we're hoping to meet with her soon so that we can explain that her frustration is normal and that it doesn't come from God. Really the only commitments she's not keeping are reading the Book of Mormon and praying. We told our Bishop that and he said, "Great, she's an LDS youth already!" True statement. I'll let ya'll know what happens though.

I know my Heavenly Father loves me though because church was wonderful yesterday. We didn't have any of the investigators we expected but Big Momma came! She has been investigating for 6 years but she's finally reaching out more. I think I wrote about her my first week here. She was really humbled yesterday so we're going to take this opportunity and hopefully invite her to baptism this week. The rest of church, especially sacrament meeting, was awesome too. I felt the spirit stronger than I had at church in a while. I know that was an answer to my prayers.

I hope I haven't sounded too negative the last couple weeks. I really am enjoying my mission and  there's no place I'd rather be than Fort Worth, Texas right now. It's a weird sort of enjoyment where I'm constantly being disappointed but I'm learning a ton at the same time. I better go though. Talk to you next week!

Love,
Elder O'Brien (the younger)

No comments:

Post a Comment